• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar
  • Skip to footer
  • Advertise
  • Contact Us
  • About Towleroad
  • Towleroad on Social Media
  • Privacy Policy

Towleroad Gay News

Gay Blog Towleroad: More than gay news | gay men

  • Travel
  • Sports
  • Law/Justice
  • Celebrities
  • Film/TV/Stream
  • Republicans
  • Madonna
  • Books
  • Men
  • Trans Rights
  • Tech/Science
  • Royals
  • Monkeypox
  • Madonna’s Daughter Lourdes Leon Drops First Single & Steamy Music Video: WATCH
  • Jonathan Knight secretly marries boyfriend Harley Rodriguez
  • Ex-football star Herschel Walker’s woes hurt Republican chance of taking U.S. Senate

Confirmed: Trump Legal Team Believes FBI Informant Is Ex-Trump White House Staffer Who Relocated To Mar-a-Lago Post Presidency

Towleroad August 12, 2022 Leave a Comment

Published by
Radar Online
636357 origin 1
Mega

The Mar-a-Lago mole who was the FBI’s confidential source which led to the sensational raid on Donald Trump is a former administration staffer who had specific knowledge of his private residence and office setting.

That’s the view of people connected to the former president’s legal team who have concluded the informant is someone who briefly worked at Mar-a-Lago in the post-Trump presidency.

636357 636357 origin 1 1
Mega

The Justice Department tipster has been provided anonymity status — at least for now.

The source “likely sought and received immunity from potential prosecution,” one well-placed insider told Radar.

Anyone who handled or failed to safeguard classified information at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla., could be charged with a felony crime.

Trump’s suspicion is the individual was involved in his post-presidency transition from the White House.

Trump and his advisors do not believe the mole is still in his ranks, multiple people with direct knowledge of the ex-president’s thinking confirmed.

“This isn’t a Deep Throat,” a source exclusively told RadarOnline.com.

636357 636357 origin 1 2
Mega

“The Trump camp believes the Justice Department through the FBI targeted the source and threatened they could be prosecuted if they did not cooperate.

“The source likely cooperated in exchange for some form of immunity.”

The highly-placed RadarOnline.com source added, “It’s very easy to establish how this went down.

“We know the Justice Department and the former president were in negotiations about the material. It was a well-established fact. When those discussions collapsed, prosecutors drew up a list of potential sources to target. They put the screws on a number of people until one, the mole, flipped.”

The insider also cautioned: “That said, just because President Trump had been in discussions with the Justice Department does not mean he accepts that he did anything wrong.”

Late Thursday night, it was claimed the classified documents sought in the search and seizure warrant were related to the government’s nuclear arsenal. It was first reported by the Washington Post.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, the Justice Department penetrated Trump’s inner circle to secure crucial evidence that led them to execute Monday’s search warrant.

Before other media outlets confirmed RadarOnline.com’s reporting, this website revealed the focus of the sensational investigation centered around “highly classified” documents.

Trump is said to have taken the material with him from the White House when he left office in 2020.

636357 636357 origin 1 3
Mega

During the raid, a safe and closet were ransacked, according to Trump and his son Eric, an official of the embattled Trump Organization.

“In order to get the search warrant, the Department of Justice had to submit to a federal judge … probable cause,” a source explained.

“based upon known facts, (they needed) to believe a crime has been committed or that certain property is connected with a crime, and tellingly, that they are in possession of significant facts to justify the execution of a search and seizure warrant.

“The judge would have had to weigh the credibility and specificity of the evidence before granting the subpoena.

“That means whatever the Department of Justice had as evidence, it was compelling. Not to mention the burden would likely have to be greater considering Trump, a former president, was the target.”

Attorney General Merrick Garland said Thursday he “personally approved” the search warrant that led to the unprecedented raid of Trump’s home.

Topics: Aaon, Law/Justice More Posts About: Mar-a-Lago, White House

Related Posts
  • Biden to hold first political rally in run-up to November elections
  • Trump has displayed ‘anxiety in private conversations’ following Mar-a-Lago search: report
  • Mar-A-Lago docs could have caused ‘massive firestorm’ and ‘gotten people killed’ if they leaked: NBC reporter
  • Jonathan Knight secretly marries boyfriend Harley Rodriguez

    Jonathan Knight secretly marries boyfriend Harley Rodriguez

    Published by BANG Showbiz English Jonathan Knight has married his boyfriend Harley Rodriguez. The New Kids on the Block star has confirmed he’s a married man after tying the knot with his longtime partner in secret …Read More »
  • Ex-football star Herschel Walker’s woes hurt Republican chance of taking U.S. Senate

    Ex-football star Herschel Walker’s woes hurt Republican chance of taking U.S. Senate

    Published by Reuters By David Morgan WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Republican hopes of taking control of the U.S. Senate in November could hinge on former football star Herschel Walker, a first-time candidate endorsed by Donald Trump, whose …Read More »
  • The Shocking Truth 25 Years After Princess Diana’s Tragic Death — Brother Charles Speaks Out

    The Shocking Truth 25 Years After Princess Diana’s Tragic Death — Brother Charles Speaks Out

    Published by OK Magazine mega August 31 marks the 25th anniversary of Princess Diana’s tragic death — and her only brother, Charles, proudly spoke out about his sister! “I’m always surprised by how difficult August 31 …Read More »
  • U.S. releases 2019 memo opposing Trump obstruction charges

    U.S. releases 2019 memo opposing Trump obstruction charges

    Published by Reuters By Sarah N. Lynch WASHINGTON (Reuters) -The Justice Department on Wednesday released under court order all of a 2019 memo https://www.justice.gov/file/1528466/download in which two top officials advised then-Attorney General William Barr not to …Read More »
Previous Post: « Madonna wears grills to hide her ‘ugly’ teeth
Next Post: Analysis: U.S. move to negotiate drug prices a rare defeat for Big Pharma »

Primary Sidebar

Adjacent News

  • Ivanka Trump & Jared Kushner Contently Stroll Hand-In-Hand As Donald Trump’s Legal Woes Mount

    Ivanka Trump & Jared Kushner Contently Stroll Hand-In-Hand As Donald Trump’s Legal Woes Mount

  • Biden to hold first political rally in run-up to November elections

    Biden to hold first political rally in run-up to November elections

  • Trump has displayed ‘anxiety in private conversations’ following Mar-a-Lago search: report

    Trump has displayed ‘anxiety in private conversations’ following Mar-a-Lago search: report

Good Trash: Going to Read It Somewhere, Y’know

  • Duke and Duchess of Sussex adopt new rescue dog

    Duke and Duchess of Sussex adopt new rescue dog

  • Vanessa Bryant awarded 16m in damages over helicopter crash photos

    Vanessa Bryant awarded 16m in damages over helicopter crash photos

  • Lisa Scott-Lee recalls surreal dinner date with Michael Jackson

    Lisa Scott-Lee recalls surreal dinner date with Michael Jackson

RSS Partner Links

  • An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.

Most Recent

  • Madonna’s Daughter Lourdes Leon Drops First Single & Steamy Music Video: WATCH

    Madonna’s Daughter Lourdes Leon Drops First Single & Steamy Music Video: WATCH

  • Jonathan Knight secretly marries boyfriend Harley Rodriguez

    Jonathan Knight secretly marries boyfriend Harley Rodriguez

  • Ex-football star Herschel Walker’s woes hurt Republican chance of taking U.S. Senate

    Ex-football star Herschel Walker’s woes hurt Republican chance of taking U.S. Senate

  • The Shocking Truth 25 Years After Princess Diana’s Tragic Death — Brother Charles Speaks Out

    The Shocking Truth 25 Years After Princess Diana’s Tragic Death — Brother Charles Speaks Out

  • U.S. releases 2019 memo opposing Trump obstruction charges

    U.S. releases 2019 memo opposing Trump obstruction charges

  • William Orbit: ‘Queen loves DJs as long as they end sets with National Anthem’

    William Orbit: ‘Queen loves DJs as long as they end sets with National Anthem’

  • Sir Rod Stewart takes another cheeky dig at his long-time pal Sir Elton John with stage mockery

    Sir Rod Stewart takes another cheeky dig at his long-time pal Sir Elton John with stage mockery

  • Scott Maxwell: Marco Rubio says his campaign is ‘a disaster.’ Is he crying wolf or truly scared of Demings?

    Scott Maxwell: Marco Rubio says his campaign is ‘a disaster.’ Is he crying wolf or truly scared of Demings?

Most Commented

Social

Twitter @tlrd | Facebook | Instagram @tlrd

Footer

Copyright © 2025 · Log in

×